This post is not a podcast episode. I wanted to write about my 2013 & 2014 goals on this last day of 2013!
Here were my goals for 2013 and the progress I made on those goals:
1. Finish 13 sock projects
Done, I finished 16 sock projects in 2013
2. Finish 13 other projects
Done, while most of these are baby hats, I finished 17 other projects in 2013
3. Do more yoga
Done, I did yoga everyday for awhile. Starting in September, I did yoga every week for awhile. I didn’t do yoga as regularly as I would like, but I did more yoga in 2013 than I did in 2012.
4. Avoid purchasing yarn in clubs or updates
Done, I haven’t bought any new clubs or in updates for all of 2013
5. Purchase yarn only at events or LYS
Done, with few exceptions, I only purchased at events or LYSs.
6. Start Professional Writing POE
Done, this goal was a professional one, but I finished it mid-year.
7. Finish WIPs: Dahlia, Citron, Radiance, Black Eyed Susie, Tony the toybox monster, Pendulum, Pinus Silvestris, Irish Coffee
I finished about half of these: dahlia, black eyed susie, pendulum, and pinus silvestris. Irish Coffee is very close to finished, and Radiance shawl saw a bit of love. No love for the Citron though, and I frogged Tony the toybox monster.
8. Knit a cardigan for myself
Done, I finished the Goodale cardigan!
9. Knit a vest for Darren
Not done. I wonder if that Dear Husband of mine will ever see a finished vest for himself.
10. Read 13 books for fun
I did a fair bit of reading for fun in 2013, finishing 15 books
11. Record 40 podcast episodes
I did fail on this one; I blame blip. I did record 34 episodes in 2013 however, which is not bad.
12. Knit 13 pairs of self-striping socks
Only 11 pairs of self-striping socks in 2013. I still think that’s pretty good.
13. Finish 150 hexipuffs
Another goal I did not complete. I have no idea how many hexipuffs, but I didn’t knit that many, especially not in the 2nd half of the year.
Goals for 2014: I think I’m going to do 10 goals this year.
1. Knit 12 pairs of socks
2. Knit 12 other projects
3. Spin 6 braids or batts
4. Rejoin Weight Watchers and stick with it for the entire year
5. Destash a good amount of yarn
6. Knit from stash more often
7. Do more yoga
8. Watch less TV, read more books for fun
9. Work on a publication
10. Do more now, procrastinate less